The commemoration of this year’s International Youth Day will be on 12th August, 2018. The national celebrations will take place at Kampiringisa National Rehabilitation Centre in Mpigi District, under the theme: "Safe spaces for Youth" and some of the DGF partners will participate and exhibit their work. Ahead of this year’s International Youth Day, some DGF supported partners will be hosting several events, as follows:
- Under the leadership of Uganda Youth Network, the National Youth Week of Action has been organized to run between 6th-13th August 2018 and some activities will happen until end of the month.
- Marathon- Organised by UYONET, the marathon will happen around Makerere University on Saturday 11th August 2018, starting at 7:00 am. Come and run for health and safe spaces for youth. The Kits are available on sale at 20,000/= from the Uganda Youth Network Offices in Ntinda. On the same day, the Youth Festival- another interactive and edutainment space for youth and youth actors will be held at the Makerere University Freedom square after the marathon.
- Dialogue on the theme "safer spaces for youth" with the youth in the Informal sector. UYONET has organised two dialogues on 9th August 2018 in Makindye Division: at Ngabo Youth Friendly Centre, Katwe starting at 8:00 am, and Kafeero Community Hall, Namuwongo starting at 12:00 p.m.
- SDG Campaign and Information shows at selected high way/road round-abouts of Kalerwe, Kisaasi, Jinja road, and Kibuye in the morning of 6th August 2018. Organised by UYONET, the shows are focusing on awareness on SDGs 3,5,8 - and will show-case how various youth actors and individual youth are contributing towards the realization of the SDGs.
- Amuru Youth day and project launch on 15th August 2018 (Organised by the Amuru District Local Governmnet). Up in the North in Amuru, the inaugural DGF supported district youth council’s project will be launched with fun-filled activities like football competitions, traditional music, dance and drama and lots of learning.