Oil for Development workshop "Civil Society and the Petroleum Sector" in Norway
Norway’s Oil for Development (OfD) programme in co-operation with Petrad have organised an extended workshop intended to strengthen civil society organisations in their capacity to work effectively with the petroleum sector.
- Recognize the main work, decision processes and time scale for extracting petroleum resources (the value chain of petroleum extraction).
- Recognize the main challenges and tasks of the national management of the petroleum sector to obtain lasting benefits for the host nation, including mitigation of negative effects.
- Recognize important current challenges for transparency and accountability related to the petroleum sector.
- Understand key internationally recognized norms for transparency and accountability in the petroleum sector. Recognize international institutions providing support and guidance in this respect.
- Be introduced to relevant Norwegian institutions and practices.
Participants should work in OfD partner countries which are: Angola, Colombia, Cuba, Ghana, Iraq, Kenya, Lebanon, Mozambique, Myanmar, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda. They should be affiliated with non-governmental organisations which contribute to promoting transparency and accountability in the petroleum sector and in public management of it.
How to Participate: Applications to participate can be made on www.petrad.no . The application deadline is September 23rd, 2019.